Tuesday, January 25, 2011





Sea otters are my favorites animals in the world.  Most children carry around a blanket or a teddy bear.  I carried around a stuffed animal sea otter I got at the Tennessee Aquarium.  It is one of my life ambitions to hug a sea otter.  Also, to own it.





Yosemite National Park in California.  I've wanted to go to this park in California since a best friend went in middle school.


A manatee at Mote Marine Laboratory.  When I was nine, I used to want to be a marine biologist and made a point of going very far out into the ocean whenever my family visited the beach.  On the way down to St. George Island, there is an incredibly long stretch of land from which you can see the beach on the other side of some trees for about an hour before finally getting to a long bridge leading to the island.  I began counting the number of round, orange buoys bobbing out in the ocean and said to my mother, "That must be an incredibly large net out there."  She asked me what I was talking about.  I learned that day that those large buoys were not actually the top floaters of a large net keeping sharks and large sea creatures out of the human swim space.  I also learned, there is no such thing as a human swim space.
I abandoned the sciences forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment